Saturday, November 17, 2012

Who is this artist/painter?

Last weekend I enjoyed 4 days at the beach along with quite a bit of antiquing for inventory purposes.  While shopping around,  I came across this beautiful oil on canvas painting.  I actually won this at a bazaar through a silent auction.  I have been researching the artist's name "G.Broliers" (see second picture).  So far, I am unable to locate the artist but I will keep on researching just in case this is one of those pieces that belong on the Antique Roadshow!

What interesting pieces have you found while antiquing?


Check out the cool landmark I used to locate one of the shops! 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Any more info on G. Broliers? I have a nice oil of a horse from this artist. Not much info on the net.. Thanks...Don

JP's Antiques & Collectibles said...

Hi!

Sorry, not at this time. I agree, there's not much out there regarding this artist. I kept the painting due to it's beauty!

All the best!
Jason

Unknown said...

We too have a painting by G. Broliers. Our is of a cock fight which we found in Washington, DC in the 1990s. The colors are bright, a great design and we love it.

Please let us know if the identity is made.

Thank you,

Mahlon Bickford
Maine
MahlonBickford@Outlook.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came across this painting at a consignment shop. It's beautiful, vibrant colors and I never get tired of looking at it. It's a spanish matador waving off the bull. Who is G.Broliers ??

Unknown said...

Hi, I also just bought a G Broliers painting of a cock fight from an estate sale in Fairfield, CT. I also love the colors but know nothing about this artist.

lak2002@gmail.com